Bailey’s Way Rescue is a foster based, nonprofit rescue located in both Fort Myers and St Petersburg, Florida.
Does your organization have a facility?
We do not have a physical location where our dogs are housed for public viewing. Our pups reside in private family homes with volunteer fosters, throughout central and southwest Florida, until adoption.
What are the minimum requirements to foster or adopt a Bailey’s Way Rescue dog?
• Applicants must be at least 25 years of age and a Florida resident.
• If you rent, must be able to provide landlord approval or no breed restrictions on lease.
• If you own or have HOA, must not have breed restrictions or provide HOA approval.
• Fenced yards mandatory for certain dogs based on needs.
• Provide a safe, stable, loving environment for our dogs.
What is provided should I foster and how can I be considered to help?
• Please complete the online foster application:
• Once approved, we will reach out to you to discuss/review the best suitable dog to be placed in your home. Bailey’s Way Rescue covers all costs and supplies while fostering (food, medical, preventatives, crate, treats, etc).
• Our fosters primarily must reside in the Central or Southwest Florida area.
• Foster may be required to bring their foster dog to vet appointments, training and/or adoption events.
How can we meet your dogs or cats and what is your adoption process?
• The first step would be to fill out an adoption application on our website:
• Applicants must be at least 25 years of age and be a Florida resident.
• Once the application is reviewed and a basic background screening completed, applicants are welcome to schedule a meet and greet with the foster family when mutually convenient. This visit is optional and in some cases trial adoptions may be opted.
• If you prefer to complete the approval process, a volunteer will visit your home. After the approval, you can have a pup over for a 7-day in-home trial adoption (Foster to Adopt) with no obligation (puppies 16 weeks and younger are not offered a trial period). The rescue provides all needs during the trial period. We offer free transport to approved adopters anywhere within the state of Florida.
• Once the trial period is complete and you wish to adopt, then the adopter will complete an adoption agreement and remit the adoption donation at such time.
What is your adoption fee/donation?
The adoption fee is $75-$300 depending on age and is due prior to delivery or pick up (unless for those with a 7-day trial period). This donation covers vaccines/boosters (DHPP, Rabies, Bordatella, deworming(s), microchip and spay/neuter surgery (with take home pain medication at the veterinarian’s discretion). All of our adoptions include 6 months of consult with our wonderful staff trainer(s) and our dogs are current on heart worm and flea/tick preventatives.
Does your organization take owner surrenders?
Yes, however it is based on multiple factors such as the availability of an open foster home, temperament and/or medical condition of the dog, urgency and location. If we are not able to assist, we can provide other resources in your area.
My dog is having behavioral issues, does your rescue recommend any trainers?
Yes, if you are located within Central or Southwest Florida area, please message our Facebook page and we will be happy to assist with some referrals.